Implementing a continuous delivery (CD) pipeline for Java applications is not trivial, and the introduction of container technology to the development stack can introduce additional challenges and requirements.
In this talk we will look at the high-level steps that are essential for creating an effective pipeline for creating and deploying Docker container-based Java applications.
Key takeaways include:
– The impact of using Docker containers on Java and Continuous Delivery
– The benefits and challenges of packaging containerised Java applications
– Options for adding metadata to container images
– Validating nonfunctional/operational requirement changes imposed by executing Java applications within a container
– Lessons learned the hard way (in production, at 3am, with lots of coffee)